For the hectic person, clean eating doesn’t get easier than THIS RECIPE. Don’t feel like prepping a Bean Salad from scratch? Nowadays you can buy pre-made grain salads in specialty supermarkets and health food stores. If you don’t have these available to you, the “Brad’s Organic” Brand sells a pre-mixed canned bean salad. This can be enhanced with fresh herbs and seasoned to taste. More of an omnivore? You can stuff these avocados with a mayo-less tuna salad or chicken salad. I’ve got a great Skinny Tuna Waldorf Salad recipe HERE. The best thing about this recipe is that it’s so simple: just cut, peel and stuff with your favorite protein salad. It’s a mega quick, light, no-fuss meal. Plus… I think it’s a great way to break out from other traditional lettuce based salads. The avocado is so creamy and rich you WILL feel “stuffed” (pun intended) – yet energized.
Health Facts about AVOCADOS:
- Avocados are a good source of fiber, potassium, and vitamins C, K, folate, and B6.
- Half an avocado has ONLY 160 calories, 15g of heart-healthy unsaturated fat, and only 2g saturated fat.
- 1 Avocado contains more than 1/3 the daily value of vitamin C, and more than half the day’s requirements of vitamin K.
- Antioxidants such as lycopene and beta-carotene are better absorbed with the healthy monounsaturated fats found in avocados.
- 1 Avocado packs 4g of plant-based protein, among the highest amount coming from a fruit!!!
- You don’t have to eat it to obtain its beauty benefits. Avocado based products have essential oils that can be used to help repair damaged hair and moisturize dry skin.
1 large avocado
Earthy Bean salad, for my recipe click HERE
Cut the avocado in half. Peel off the skin. Remove the seed & carve out the middle portion of the avocados. Store the scooped out middle portion in a plastic bag with some lemon juice for another meal (this trick prevents the avocado from browning). Stuff the avocado with the bean salad. Sprinkle with lemon juice and finish off with fresh parsley. Enjoy.