Yield: a dozen
When I’m not on call…Saturday means a day of baking, inventing, cooking, and a little bit of indulging. Some people say that we are not dogs; hence we need not reward ourselves with food. I disagree a bit. Personally after a week of portion controlled meals, salads, and, lots of hard work I love having a glass of wine and something sweet to eat. Hence I came up with this recipe. There are a lot of vegan brownie recipes out there. Here is my (dare I say) perfected version. I love this recipe because I always keep a can of Libby’s pumpkin puree in my pantry and a store bought brownie mix. My husband loves this recipe. Additionally if you’re short on time this recipe is quick and easy. The result is a fudgy, chocolate brownie that looks and feels like it’s loaded with butter; but it’s not. Also the use of pumpkin puree instead of eggs adds some dietary fiber into the recipe. Plus the cocoa and different types of chocolate provide you with a dose of antioxidants. Please leave a comment when you try this! I am sure your friends and family will thank you.
1 Ghirardelli triple chocolate brownie mix
2/3 cup of canned pumpkin puree
1/3 cup of water
1/3 of organic canola oil
2 tbsp expresso, freshly brewed
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1. Preheat he oven to 350F for convection oven. Spray or brush a square 8″x8″ pan with all natural vegetable oil.
2. Brew a double shot of expresso or enough to make 2 tbsp of fresh coffee.
3. In a big mixing bowl: first combine the pumpkin, water, and oil. Stir well and then mix in the brownie mix. Mix again. Now add the expresso and cocoa powder. Combine well.
4. Pour the batter into the baking pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes in a convection oven.
5. Cool completely before cutting and yes…indulge.