This yummy dip is good enough to snack on or to serve at a party as a crudité platter. The veggies are going to be chopped up so little that kids won’t be able to tell that they are there. The adults however, will notice the subtle flavors of garlic and basil and will think you’ve been cooking all day long. So enjoy it with veggies as a healthy and low cal snack or serve it with warm whole wheat pita or multi-grain crackers. The decision is yours. On the nutritional side this dip is packed with protein and calcium. So everyone will benefit from eating this.
1 cup of greek yogurt
1 cup of fresh spinach leaves
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/3 cup carrot sticks
1-2 radishes, chopped
4 Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese triangles
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
7-10 fresh basil leaves
1. Coarsely chop the onion, spinach, basil and radishes.
2. Add the veggies to an electric mixer. Grind until finely chopped.
3. Add the yogurt and seasoning. Grind again for about 30 sec.
4. Now add one swiss cheese triangle at a time until acquiring the desired consistency. I used 4 triangles because the yogurt brand I used is more on the liquid side. Grind again.
5. Refrigerate for up to 4 hours. Serve with raw veggies, warm pita or multigrain crackers.