Summary: Note the title….this is a dessert. And one you can enjoy occasionally. It is super easy, takes less than 10 minutes to make and it’s devoid of processing and preservatives found in most ice cream or sorbets products. Plus … Continue reading →
Summary: Here is another frozen fruit in a bag morning recipe/idea. For those who haven’t checked out my Skinny Frozen Papa-berry Yogurt recipe…This recipe is adapted from it! No ice cream maker needed. And only takes 5 min.! Being healthy … Continue reading →
Summary: Thank the Lord for the invention of this instant frozen yogurt. I will cherish this amazing culinary discovery forever. Frozen fruits + some greek yogurt + electric mixer = frozen yogurt in less than 5 min. Eat this as … Continue reading →
This yummy dip is good enough to snack on or to serve at a party as a crudité platter. The veggies are going to be chopped up so little that kids won’t be able to tell that they are there. The adults however, will notice the subtle flavors of garlic and basil and will think you’ve been cooking all day long. So enjoy it with veggies as a healthy and low cal snack or serve it with warm whole wheat pita or multi-grain crackers. The decision is yours. On the nutritional side this dip is packed with protein and calcium. So everyone will benefit from eating this.
1 cup of greek yogurt
1 cup of fresh spinach leaves
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/3 cup carrot sticks
1-2 radishes, chopped
4 Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese triangles
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
7-10 fresh basil leaves
1. Coarsely chop the onion, spinach, basil and radishes.
2. Add the veggies to an electric mixer. Grind until finely chopped.
3. Add the yogurt and seasoning. Grind again for about 30 sec.
4. Now add one swiss cheese triangle at a time until acquiring the desired consistency. I used 4 triangles because the yogurt brand I used is more on the liquid side. Grind again.
5. Refrigerate for up to 4 hours. Serve with raw veggies, warm pita or multigrain crackers.